We would appreciate if you could fill out our online survey for our Action plan 2020-2025 by following this link.
In the meantime, here is our Action Plan that we have been undertaking over the last 5 years.
This Community Action Plan sets out the priorities for the development of Newmilns over the next 5 years as determined by the Community through an extensive process of Community engagement, organised and led by local Community organisations and local residents and carried out over a five-month period in 2013.
This Community Action Plan summarises Community views about:
- Newmilns now
- the vision for the future of Newmilns.
- the issues that matter most to the Community.
- Our priorities for projects and actions.
- The plan is our guide for what we - as a Community – will try to make happen over the next 5 years.
Newmilns Community Futures Steering Group
The preparation of the Action Plan has been guided by a local steering group which brought together representatives from local groups and organisations, interested residents and businesses.
Local People Have Their Say
The Action Plan has been formulated by extensive Community engagement carried out over a 5 month period from June 2013 to October 2013.
The process involved:
- stakeholder interviews and focus group meetings - with different groups and individuals representing all aspects and ages of the Community;
- a Community views survey, which was delivered to all households;
- preparing a Community profile detailing facts and figures about the community;
- a Community Futures Event;
- a Business Survey
642 Community views survey forms were returned from 1,300 houses
22 stakeholder meetings and focus groups were held with local groups, businesses, and support organisations
292 people attended the Community futures event